Saturday, November 3, 2018

Worth adding a blog to a psychotherapy practice website?

I'm a newly-qualified psychotherapist/counsellor and the main purpose of my website is to attract enquiries from clients in my local area.

I'm considering whether to add a blog, and have been looking at other therapist sites. Some have a blog, but it's clear that they struggle to come up with content. Some blogs are neglected, with just a handful of posts. There's a lot of weak content (IMO), like '5 ways to feel more motivated this winter' or 'how couples therapy can help your relationship'.

To my mind, reasons to have a blog:

  • If content actually has value, it might earn some backlinks.
  • Google likes sites with fresh content (is this even true?)
  • It gives visitors more information about me.

Reasons to not have a blog:

  • It's a considerable timesuck (time that could be used on social, networking...)
  • I can see the benefit to local wedding photographers ('my recent family photoshoot in Mytown') or online businesses that sell content, but I can't blog about 'my recent anxiety therapy session in Mytown'.
  • There are a million online resources about anxiety, addiction etc so content would need to be really, really standout.

Any thoughts on this would be welcomed - thanks!

submitted by /u/facelikebambi
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/9twugm/worth_adding_a_blog_to_a_psychotherapy_practice/>

No comments:

Post a Comment