Monday, January 28, 2019

How should I handle a small business's website and other accounts who want a complete rebrand?

Hey - I am working with a client who wants to completely redo their branding (name, logo, etc.) and digital presence.

Firstly, they want to rebrand into a new business name.

Secondly, their current website is horrible (hence why they sought out help). While I will be starting their website over from scratch, I did like how their other social media accounts have a near perfect 5-star rating (ratings/reviews are important for the medical industry).

​

Particularly, their Yelp has 5 stars / 50 reviews, GMB has 5 stars / 10 reviews, and Facebook page has 5 stars / 10 reviews. They also have an Instagram account with ~200 followers (I can change the handle).

​

While I am trying to optimize their SEO, I would like to take advantage of their current accounts, if possible, and if it doesn't hinder SEO.

​

Some solutions I had - contact those respective platforms and request a change of name due to rebranding. I would only do this if I was certain that their SEO is not compromised.

​

My last resort would be starting over from scratch, ultimately putting the accounts into termination.

​

Although they do not have an abundance of reviews, all of their current reviews are extremely positive, hence a good starting point (I will also be handling their social media marketing).

​

This is where I get a tad bit unclear about my route of action and SEO. Of course, I would like to have a leveraged starting point, but not at the cost of SEO.

​

All advice and feedback are greatly appreciated.

​

​

submitted by /u/LiveFutura
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/aktw12/how_should_i_handle_a_small_businesss_website_and/>

No comments:

Post a Comment