Monday, November 5, 2018

How to reduce "infinite" Tags\categories? I need an advice!

Hello. I have to take care of the taxonomies of a very large site and I'm not sure how to deal with some duplicate archives (tags or categories).

  1. For Example: I have dozens of TAGs like this: Micheal Jordan\ Jordan\ M. Jordan\ MJ, etc.

>> Once I decide which TAG to keep and once I include the contents in the archive I choose, what do I do with the others? I thought to eliminate them and then to make a 301 towards the chosen tag, is it correct?

  1. Then I would like to do the same thing with almost empty archives, associating them in a new tag that can include them. For example by eliminating the Baseball, Cricket, Golf (with 1 article each in the last year) and making a new tag (for example, "other sports") and making a 301.

In your opinion is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/Chjji22
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/9ucoki/how_to_reduce_infinite_tagscategories_i_need_an/>

No comments:

Post a Comment