Thursday, November 29, 2018

Limiting Google Crawl Rate

So I have a website with over a million pages. Lately Google has been crawling me pretty hard. I checked the search console and it is crawling about 250k pages a day. Right now the vast majority of the hits on my site are Google and other crawlers and it is slowing down my site.

I am happy to be crawled and want to show up in more searches obviously but the crawl rate is causing slow downs on my site. I know I can limit Google's crawl rate but would that hurt my ranking at all? Or should I just upgrade my server and be happy for the extra crawling?

submitted by /u/limperschmit
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/a1i9mv/limiting_google_crawl_rate/>

No comments:

Post a Comment