Sunday, September 30, 2018

Updates in SEO tactics

I've never bothered to think about SEO before, but recently I started a website and although the content itself is awesome (I think), I might have to think about how to reach a decent number of people.

So that's when I started to read up on SEO.

As far as I've understand things changed a lot over the years. 15 years ago it was easy to 'game' the system by just having a lot of backlinks everywhere for example. Ranging from forum signatures to 1 page blogs etc. Nowadays that doesn't work anymore. Same goes for keyword stuffing and on-page optimiziation that lost value.

​

Personally I am glad with these developments. One, because I think it will improve the quality of the web as a whole. And two because it is not even fun to start with these tactics to rank your site.

​

The idea that I get is that it is way more about content nowadays. Can anybody confirm? And also what is now the main focus of SEO (apart from content and optimized pages)?

​

Is it still simply outreach to high authority sites?

submitted by /u/toplelkekfag
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/9k4snv/updates_in_seo_tactics/>

No comments:

Post a Comment