Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Did we hire the right person?

We recently hired a new content manager to fulltime manage our content (ya rly). He has 2 years or SEO experience, we have not, so he's also responsible for our SEO.

But.

I'm seriously doubting his skills, though I don't have enough SEO-knowledge to back this feeling. I recently purchased him a RankRanger and Majestic subscription (on his request). He made a list with websites with a low trustflow (0 or 1) because backlinks from them are bad. He's e-mailing all of them as we speak to remove the link to our website so "our avarage trustflow will rise".

Now I can Google the concept of trustflow and vaguely understand it, but I'm not sure whether 0-trustflow links are bad and removing them is good. All I know is that I saw our accountant in the list. He links to our website in a business case blog, but has no trustflow. This doesn't feel right, because I can't believe it's a bad link.

Is he ruining our backlink profile or should I let my doubts go?

submitted by /u/Bafkonijn
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/9spii6/did_we_hire_the_right_person/>

No comments:

Post a Comment