Sunday, October 28, 2018

My website is firstnamelastname.com - however if you google my name Facebook is the first result

To preface, I work full time as a Web Developer and have a high understanding of good SEO practices, but am no means an expert.

I have a website (specifically my professional/portfolio website) which is just my first name and last name dot com. I would think that I would be first since the domain name literally contains my name however I'm beat by Facebook. I'm guessing that this has to do with:

  1. Facebook having an older domain name
  2. Having more keywords on page than mine
  3. Having more visitors

Instinctually though, I would think that since my website is literally my name, it would be the first result. Obviously beating out a behemoth like facebook in SEO is very hard if not impossible but could I be missing something really obvious that ranking me at #2 in search results?

submitted by /u/kawnah
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/9s704h/my_website_is_firstnamelastnamecom_however_if_you/>

No comments:

Post a Comment