Sunday, October 28, 2018

Site redesign - moving to wordpress

Hi guys… I’m in the planning stage of a rebuild for my family’s restaurant website. The site is www.StarTavern.net (yeah, I know the redesign is well overdue). We seem to rank pretty well… mostly for branded search terms but I’d like to extend that to non-branded. Currently at 25 (according to SemRush) for “best pizza in NJ”. I’d like to raise that and others like it. I have a few questions regarding this rebuild which I plan to do in WordPress.

[1] All of our social media pages, Google, ourselves… we all call it Star Tavern but there are a lot of directory websites that call it Star Tavern & Pizzeria or something of that nature. Could this hurt? Should I be proactive in correcting that?

[2] I never thought a blog was necessary, but to raise some of those search terms/phrases it might be. We do often get awards or mentioned in articles so that could be an angle to go for the “best pizza” rankings without throwing “best pizza in nj” all over the site and coming off like jackasses. I’ll have to brainstorm about other blog topics. But it’s worth having a blog in your opinion? I don’t want it to feel forced. I have some other ideas. I don’t believe I’ve seen a restaurant blog before (haha like I said, still planning stage) how often would it make sense to post?

I’ll have feeds of social content as well as various website reviews pulling in new content so that should at least keep things a little fresh. Other than what is on the site now, except it being actually SEO optimized unlike now, is there anything you would add/remove/etc? Suggestions/advice? And actually thinking about it now the place has such rich history, characters, and is always getting best this or that so I feel like I can maintain a blog that isn’t just there for keywords…. But hey don’t refrain if an idea pops into your head!

I bought Thrive Comments, Monarch (social sharing), a page builder (I know, I know… but is BB that bad? Is AMP necessary for a restaurant site?), and I think that’s it. Is the Yaost premium or local worth it? Any other must have plugins or “would be nice” to have (paid or not)?

Oh and backlinks, we pretty much get them through sites like NJ.com and DailyMeal.com when we’re ranked and such… should I attempt to locate and reach out to local food bloggers? I know nothing of link building.

I know I could’ve Googled some of this info, but it’s always way more helpful if someone has the time to write a response- no matter long, it’s helpful & appreciated.

Any advice would be awesome! Thank you!!

Maybe should have also mentioned there's nothing for sale. I may put an outerwear, hats, etc store page up for the holiday season... but typically it is too hard for myself or any of my other family members to keep up with that.

submitted by /u/startavern
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/9s12x3/site_redesign_moving_to_wordpress/>

No comments:

Post a Comment