Thursday, January 6, 2022

Question about 301 redirecting and noindex

I'm managing a microsite (about 100 pages total). Recently, we decided to cut out some subfolders and reorganize file paths. The content on the pages we are keeping is exactly the same, but the sitemaster is using a new Wordpress template for all pages, so they duplicated some pages on the site.

Page A: old page that is currently indexed with Google

Page B: new page with the exact same content as Page A, but is not yet indexed with Google. I want to transfer Page A's SEO value to this new page.

I have settup a 301 redirect from Page A to Page B. I want to transfer all SEO value from Page A to Page B. My question is: should I noindex Page A? Or am I going to lose SEO value for noindexing Page A and I should not noindex the Page A and just let the 301 redirect handle everything (My thinking being to not add a noindex to Page A while SEO value is being transferred to Page B)?

submitted by /u/Smokeybones55
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/rxspi6/question_about_301_redirecting_and_noindex/>

No comments:

Post a Comment