Friday, July 26, 2019

Is it ok to hire companies that do niche edits and handle all of the outreach for guest posts? Are they scams or legit?

OK, it's pretty obvious. I am a total neophyte here.

I did what the famous SEO bloggers told me to do-- I wrote personalized emails to a bunch of bloggers and asked (nicely) how I could guest post; I asked if they would give our company a link; etc. etc.

I did get replies. The response rate wasn't terrible. But now I have to pay the blog (everyone wants money and I'm cool with that), then pay for the writer, then continue emailing people. ARGGGGG! I can't do all that AND run my business!

So I see there are all these companies out there that "sell" niche edits for $50ish a pop, all these places that "sell" guest posts for $100+ a pop. But it all feels a bit scammy. I feel like I am in shark infested waters for sure. Gurus of Reddit, I am begging for your wise counsel:

(1) Is buying these niche edits and/or buying these guest posts an ok thing do to?

(1a) Will I get punished or rewarded in rank for spending our SEO budget this way?

(1b) How can I tell the scammers from the legit sellers? Is there anyone you can recommend as "trustworthy'" for this?

(2) If we don't have the cash for an agency and we don't have the manpower to do all this outreach ourselves, is this the next best way to get backlinks? Or is there something I'm missing.

We've written great content, but it's not ranking. No one knows about us! We are not sandboxed (we've been around for a few years, and do rank for some words in our niche.) We have a keyword difficulty for the kw we are targeting of 10 to 15. Appreciate your input.

submitted by /u/zagzigpanda
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/ci4lzr/is_it_ok_to_hire_companies_that_do_niche_edits/>

No comments:

Post a Comment