Saturday, July 27, 2019

How to properly upload Wordpress site clone, without affecting indexing/SEO ?

I'm doing a major makeover to my website, which currently ranks well on Google and I don't wanna mess with this.

Currently the site has been cloned using a plugin called Duplicator onto a sandbox environment to recreate all the visual changes behind the scenes.

Once the new site is ready, do I simply swap out the old site for the new one that I made?

All the links are the same.

Will I encounter any SEO issues or deindexing of any past content, or will this mess with / undo my current sitemap ?

I don't have experience doing this and couldn't find tons of clear answers elsewhere so just wanted to clarify, apologize if this is a super n00b question...thanks all.

submitted by /u/broseidonswrath
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/cih28b/how_to_properly_upload_wordpress_site_clone/>

No comments:

Post a Comment