Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Product page or special LP

Say I want to rank for a KW like "iron crowbar". I have an unoptimized category page for this type of products that could (and probably should) be optimized to be the ideal landing page.

But the product page (which is not optimized as well) already ranks at the third page of Google (so no traffic anyway). Should I try to leverage the already "decent" position and optimize the product page for the KW, or should I "throw" the page away and go for the category landing page which would start from 0?

Also, if the product page stays at some decent position against my will, is adding the category page as canonical so that Google hopefully prefers the landing page a suitable solution?

Thanks.

submitted by /u/ThatOneLostSock
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/ev3p8z/product_page_or_special_lp/>

No comments:

Post a Comment