Tuesday, June 29, 2021

SEO advice - Landing Page vs Shelf Page

TLDR

Go for gold and try improve SERP positioning (currently 3rd) based on GA stats or stick with what I have knowing 3rd place is good.

I work for a company that sells multiple range of products.

To try capture a variety of KWs I introduced landing pages on our site that gives an overview of the various products we sell (shape, material, size) etc - Google ranks these pages over the shelf pages.

This page then leads into a shelf page where the products are all featured and customers can choose a specific product (based on filters from the previous landing page) to begin buying process.

Stats

For my main keywords I am ranking on average in position 3 (Google mainly picks up the landing page over the Shelf pages - that’s because the words are similar depending on what a customer searches (mug/cup).

However when I look at the Google Analytics stats

The shelf page is far more competitive

Far less people exit the site on the shelf page compared to landing page

The page value is almost double.

Bounce rate is about the same.

So with that in mind I feel I should get rid of the landing page and have the shelf page as the main focus.

However I am limited to the content that I can have on the shelf page and it would just be items and pretty much no descriptions or copy to attract long tail keywords. I am also conscious position 3 is good (especially in a competitive market).

Do I go for gold based on Google Analytics stats and potentially risk drop in ranking/visibility.

Or

Stick with the landing page, knowing that in effect I have people dropping off and also adding an additional click into the buying process?

Thanks

submitted by /u/RBWebb
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/oa623l/seo_advice_landing_page_vs_shelf_page/>

No comments:

Post a Comment