Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Google is killing me slowly and I need to resort to Reddit

Since the Google algorithm update hit on June 7, the website I'm in charge of lost >30% of organic traffic overnight (most coming from our blog) and hasn't recovered.

Google said "core web vitals" (largest content paint, total blocking time and cumulative layout shift) were now a part of the ranking algorithm. The website was made with Avada, a very bloated Wordpress theme with terrible core web vitals. An "F" score on GTMetrix despite the caching and cloudflare CDN.

So I went to work and made a whole new website with Astra, keeping the same URLs and links and using re-directs on some of the blogs with irregular URLs. The website now has top core web vital marks and an "A" score on GTMetrix. Largest content paint went from ~9seconds to less than 1 sec.

New website went up Thursday night (June 24th) and organic traffic is STILL slowly, but steadily falling. from 1500-1600 weekly users in May to now 900-1000 weekly users. I'm also starting to feel the heat since my boss just cares about numbers and nothing else.

What to do to recover the lost organic volume?

submitted by /u/Hunter_one
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/obbkxm/google_is_killing_me_slowly_and_i_need_to_resort/>

No comments:

Post a Comment