Sunday, December 26, 2021

Best metric for SEO growth?

I'm looking for the ONE most effective metric to make sure my SEO efforts are paying off.

In your experience, what is the best SEO metric? (another way to think of this is the most important ranking factor)

I ask because I originally thought it was backlinks, so all my efforts were spent in trying to get more.This worked well initially (it gives you a short-term boost), but over the long-term our traffic decreased because we ignored other things like page optimization (one example, our website got slower which led to less traffic).

So I wonder where I should focus instead?

A few notes:- It has to be one metric. I know most people will read this and think "you should focus on everything!" but we're following pareto's principle and it's easier to work as a team if we're all rowing in one direction.- This could be anything from referring domains, page speed score, organic traffic, or even some tool's score like Moz score or Ahrefs rank, etc... I'm just looking for what has been the most effective focus based on people's experience.

submitted by /u/XeroSasuke
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/rov81i/best_metric_for_seo_growth/>

No comments:

Post a Comment