Thursday, December 30, 2021

Practicing SEO with blogging platforms like Medium/Hashnode?

Hi everyone!

I made a post earlier about taking on SEO for a cryptocurrency website to practice my skills. A commenter suggested I start my site instead, since crypto is a competitive niche and results could take time.

I felt I needed actual experience of running a business's SEO to really learn. But I think I may be wrong. When I came in, the founder promised that the WordPress site was running, which meant more control over SEO.

Apparently, that's a lie—the business uses Medium to publish posts, even though they have a functional website. Now, I'm not jumping ship immediately, but I want to practice before they move the blog to WordPress.

I have an Hashnode page where I post articles. It's an alternative to Medium, but for tech-related content. I like it because it's free and promises infinite customisability. I can add widgets, track SEO analytics, and create multiple pages.

My question is: are these hosted platforms good for learning SEO? Would their domain rating influence how well my posts perform online? I'd like to hear from those who've grown their Medium/Hashnode/Ghost pages significantly through SEO. Thanks!

submitted by /u/Such-Pangolin-6355
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/rrx0za/practicing_seo_with_blogging_platforms_like/>

No comments:

Post a Comment