Sunday, December 19, 2021

Domain penalty lifted - should I keep working on it?

I have been working on this website since 2015. It used to get 400K UVs monthly until 2020, but it started sliding down in the SERPs slowly after that, and in a few months I had a manual penalty show up on the Google search console. Traffic was 60-90K/M then. I removed some links, (and spam pages on my website that bots were able to create because registration was open), sent a reconsideration request and it was accepted (7 months ago), but it never gained the rankings back. Currently, it gets 70K UVs per month, but it's slowly declining.

I am not sure what to do? Once penalized, is the domain always on Google's radar? Should I keep working on this website? Or should I create a completely new website on the same niche and start everything from scratch?

submitted by /u/rointer
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/rjt35h/domain_penalty_lifted_should_i_keep_working_on_it/>

No comments:

Post a Comment