Wednesday, December 29, 2021

What to do about Keyword Cannibalization and Duplicate posts?

Hey friends,

I have a word press site with about 700 posts and about 1000 visitors a day (30K a month)...

...there are a lot of articles focusing on the same keyword and some of the content is duplicate but with a slight variation.

For instance:

I have a recipe for lets say "coffee with chocolate and strawberries" and the owner of the site decided to copy that exact same recipe and just change out the word "strawberries" for something like "apples" or "kumquat".

The way I went about attempting to fix this is two fold:

  1. I created a round-up of all the "coffee with chocolate and X" type posts and put all recipes in one place.
  2. I then 301 redirected all the posts with "coffee with chocolate and X" to the round-up post and changed up the recipes a little.

Now.

Here's where I get a little confused --

What next?

  • Do I trash the old articles leaving them indexed and just rely on the 301 redirect?
  • Do I move the posts into Draft mode so no one can find them on this site any longer?

Trash or Draft? That is the question.

P.S - I love you.

submitted by /u/Downtown_Pie7053
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/rr6h2f/what_to_do_about_keyword_cannibalization_and/>

No comments:

Post a Comment