Saturday, September 28, 2019

Avoiding duplicate content and negative SEO

So, I have a Wordpress blog (let's say it's myblog.com) where I have published about 100 posts already, written in Greek.

I'm thinking of moving all the content to the corresponding myblog.gr domain name where I will continue to publish posts in Greek.

Then, start the myblog.com from scratch to publish posts in English.

Both blogs, myblog.com and myblog.gr, will have the same content but in a different language (English and Greek respectively).

I don't want to have a blog under one domain with multilingual support. Previous experience was terrible and a nightmare to make it stable enough.

Will this approach work? I'm wondering if Google sees this as duplicate content (even if it's in another language) and if this negatively affects overall SEO.

submitted by /u/johnenxada
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/dahzv1/avoiding_duplicate_content_and_negative_seo/>

No comments:

Post a Comment