Monday, September 30, 2019

How to interpret this Search Console data?

Hi,

I recently became the developer for a Prestashop-powered webshop. It's quite a large shop with thousands of products and about 3000 monthly visitors, according to Google Analytics.

I'm tasked with improving the sales and since SEO is an importnt aspect of reaching customers, I figured I'd investigate that. Now, I've never done anything related to SEO before other than adding keywords to stuff. I just found out about Google Search Console, so I added the webshop to that. I'm just not quite sure how to interpret it, as I have the following data:

- 9300 valid pages
- 65 000 excluded pages
- 3000 pages with an error
and these errors are mostly "problem with crawling", because the URL links to a product that doesn't exist anymore.

So, is this something I should fix so that there are only valid pages? Or is SEO performance not influenced by these 65k exlcuded pages and 3k erroring pages? The excluded pages do exist but its main reason is that they're pages with a redirect, and this redirect appears to be the result of HTTP redirecting to HTTPS..

submitted by /u/digitalsymbiosis
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/db8sul/how_to_interpret_this_search_console_data/>

No comments:

Post a Comment