Saturday, September 28, 2019

Is Linking To Your Own Sites Bad On Its Own?

My understanding of Google's rankings is that if they pick up a ton of link exchanging and so on, or worst of all a "personal blog network" where the intent is to bolster one of your sites, expect to be penalized in rankings. Right?

But here's the thing.. What if it's done organically from another one of your sites within your niche, and not in an abusive way?

For example, I have one main site right now and am in the process of building several others over the next several weeks/months. This site is one specific thing in the niche, another website is a wiki-type general knowledge base, and the third is more of a directory of sorts, for sites within the niche.

Now, suppose I really start building a half-decent amount of authority on these other sites. Should I really be expected to be penalized if, for example, I link to my own two other websites from the directory site? I'm not doing it with the intent of bolstering rankings, though I know it could.

Is this an issue? Has Google, Matt Cutts, whoever else, spoken on this type of thing, rather than explicitly artificial/fraudulent link-building?

submitted by /u/BlackHeart357
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/dadi0n/is_linking_to_your_own_sites_bad_on_its_own/>

No comments:

Post a Comment