Sunday, September 29, 2019

Use separate Google accounts for competing local businesses in the same area?

I do SEO for my parents-in-laws business, and have gotten it to #1 in my area. After spending so much time and effort learning their business from promoting it, I've decided to open my own business that does the same thing in the same area. Both are Service Area Businesses. My goal is to get both businesses in the area to the #1 and #2 spots. Is there any chance that Google will penalize one or both of the businesses because it sees that I own both websites / businesses competing for the same customers?

I currently have their domain, and run their GMB from my personal account. I'm debating about whether I need to create another separate account to own the domain and manage the GMB of my new business, or if it's safe to continue using my personal account (as that'd be more convenient)

submitted by /u/cakes4us
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/db6xpn/use_separate_google_accounts_for_competing_local/>

No comments:

Post a Comment