Sunday, September 29, 2019

Website redesign and SEO update (last SEO knowledge dates from 2012 or so)

I'm a pro photographer who does my own website design and maintenance (badly for a few busy/difficult years, my blog is at a standstill at the moment), and had decent success in the past when I purchased a search-match domain name, but after that stopped working and I switched to my business match name, I've been mostly getting a fair amount of traction on Google Local. My knowledge of SEO was fantastic around 2012, but that's ancient history in web years.

I'm about to rebuild my site with Divi, and while I'm quite good at keyword blending into my text if I know what my search terms are, I'm not sure what the best practices are for page length and other structural issues other than the obvious like mobile compatibility.

I know I need to get started on things again, and I have a fairly low budget but good comprehension of tech stuff.

From what I understand, given multiple address/phone changes over the years, I'm going to need a NAP Citation Cleanup and a bunch of new citations. I also need some keyword research (SEMRush report from someone on Fiverr?) but beyond that, am I missing anything else important? My strategy of building landing pages for every area of my business into my site is working very well for me so far, so I'm likely going to keep those more or less as is with a bit more keyword integration.

I'm seeing a lot of Fiverr services for things like cleanup and citation work, do any of you use someone reliable who only does manual/white hat? They all say they're familiar with Whitespark/Yext/Loganix which are the ones I was looking into, but I'd rather not pay full price just for myself if someone has access.

Current site: www.admirestudios.com

Max Budget: Approximately $500 USD to start and $50-75 USD monthly thereafter for about 6 months (more after that, likely.) Already have Divi. Work will die down a bit in October/November, so I'm pre-prepping for a huge overhaul.

Any help you can give would be super appreciated.

submitted by /u/sporkfood
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/db75e0/website_redesign_and_seo_update_last_seo/>

No comments:

Post a Comment