Monday, September 30, 2019

Posting content on main site vs subfolder

Hi!

The company I work for has a global site as well as subfolders for each country which they operate in. I understand the idea of having subfolders would be so that we can post country specific content within the subfolder so that it is highly relevant to our clientele in the country.

I have recently created new content that is meant to target our clientele within a specific country (Singapore) and had instructed our IT guy to put it within the Singapore subfolder. However, he has instead posted the content onto our main global site (.com).

Would this affect the content being able to rank on search engines if someone were to search for our content when geographically located in Singapore?

I apologise in advance if I’m not clear on my question. Am fairly new to this and am seeking any feedback from you guys.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Twiddledeethumb
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/db9oae/posting_content_on_main_site_vs_subfolder/>

No comments:

Post a Comment