Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Help: Different search results Chrome App Android vs Chrome Address Bar

I've been doing a lot of SEO work lately, specifically trying to understand shifts in guides for a video game website. Typically, we rank high. Our on-page SEO is sound and similar to our competitors. Additionally, our content is of similar caliber as our competitors.

I've noticed that our content ranks differently based on searching for it using the Chrome App for Android versus using the Chrome address bar at the bottom of my Android phone. Is there a logic that contributes to this, either from Google's perspective or how we are arranging and creating content?

For example, on the Chrome App for Android, I can perform a more organic search and return a guide in question within the top 3 results. However, I cannot use the same search term in the Chrome address bar at the bottom of the screen and return the same results. In fact, I cannot find the article in question at all.

Further compounding confusion, a competitor's site ranks in the 0 and 1 position on page 1 for the same query in both locations.

Positioning for our site seems extremely volatile. This morning, I checked the results for the same query on both the App and Address bar. The App returned the article in question on page 1 second position. The address bar didn't return it at all.

20 minutes later, as I'm writing this post, I checked again using the same query in both areas. Now, the app is returning page one third position and the address bar is returning page 1 second position.

Any insight at all would be appreciated as I'm confounded at this point.

submitted by /u/jmoore8890
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/e2fg27/help_different_search_results_chrome_app_android/>

No comments:

Post a Comment