Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Think something is wrong - need help / ideas

I have a new site I've been developing. The keywords I am targeting are fairly competitive - say 60-70 out of 100. I've run speed tests and I am better than all the sites on page 1 - many by a good margin. On page SEO scores from a variety of free services are better than all but one of the sites on page 1. Over the past 2-3 weeks I've found some good / relevant blogs and have been able to comment and get a number of links, I've linked from an older website I own, contributed to a couple wikihows, set up Google Search Console and registered my sitemap with Google, Bing and all the small search engines.

My site is new and the domain is less than 3 months old. My social accounts for the site are new and don't have many followers. Semrush, Search Console and one or two other free services don't show any backlinks - though I know they are there and I can google the link text and find them.

At this point the new site doesn't even show up in a search, even though the name of my domain is almost exactly the search term I am targeting. I am feeling fairly certain that I have either 1) done something very wrong, or 2) have way to high of an expectation of where I should rank at this point - maybe some of both.

Any advice or counsel is appreciated.

submitted by /u/yardstickgolf
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/e2qd1u/think_something_is_wrong_need_help_ideas/>

No comments:

Post a Comment