Monday, November 25, 2019

Transitioning from Squarespace to Wordpress

I have read some posts on this topic but I would like some feedback on best practices for transitioning a Squarespace site to a wordpress site. I set up a small squarespace site and am producing a few blog post and am doing the basic seo outreach for these posts. I currently have 0 html technical knowledge however, I plan on getting better with css/html and creating a wordpress site so I have some more functionality (Squarespace is very barebones) at my disposal to grow the site.

My question is, if I have other websites linking to my blog pages and then I switch to Wordpress, I am assuming that the URL structure will be different and thus the links pointing to the old blog post will be useless. This has made me hesitant to spend any time with link building for my squarespace site because when I transition, I will lose all positive effects.

Am I correct in thinking this, or can 301 redirects be a simple solution?

submitted by /u/scatterbrainedpast
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/e1r586/transitioning_from_squarespace_to_wordpress/>

No comments:

Post a Comment