Sunday, March 29, 2020

Best approach to retain SEO rankings if I need to change domain names, while using the original domain for a separate but related business?

"site a" currently exists at "sitea.com". I am starting a new business closely related to "site a" but I want the new site, "site b", to take the domain name of "sitea.com" while I port the original business to the newer domain of "siteb.com".

"sitea.com" already has decent SEO rankings, and I want to redirect all of those users, and rankings, to "siteb.com".

I want "sitea.com" to begin hosting the new business without hurting the original business.

The solutions I've seen online say I should redirect traffic from "sitea.com" to "siteb.com". This might work in preserving the rankings, but it does not allow me to use "sitea.com" as the new business.

The two sites are related enough that I plan on implementing links in each site thatll direct any user to the other business.

What's the best approach to this issue?

submitted by /u/rightswerve
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/fr4qln/best_approach_to_retain_seo_rankings_if_i_need_to/>

No comments:

Post a Comment