Monday, March 30, 2020

Case Study: Niche Site after 4 months applying only Whitehat technique

Hi everyone,

I'm very noob and new to this SEO stuff, this is my first blog. As you expect I have quite low knowledge about SEO and all other things about really matters at the beginning. But in some months I significantly increased my knowledge on this subject and started a new project on 11th Nov 2019. As many of us in this forum, I want to both give information and motivate myself by sharing case studies. I have a full-time job and only focus on the blog spare time during the week, especially weekends. I'm always open to your suggestions.

My Niche: Spirituality

Strategy and Tactics

  • Always follow the white hat SEO
  • Create unique and uplifting content, I'm focusing on Longtail Keywords with very low competition and a decent amount of searches >1000 Searches/month at least
  • No effort for backlinks
  • No effort for guest posts (in my niche is very difficult to get guest posts published with a Dofollow backlink, you have to work for them creating content and in addition, you have to pay them!! Crazy!)
  • Build a community on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Tumblr and share all my posts there and maintain good engagement
  • Mangools Tools (KWfinder) for keyword and competition research
  • Create at least 2 posts per month with at least 1.000 words each

Monetization

  • ClickBank affiliate offer

My Goals

  • Increase in organic traffic every month
  • Get a 500 $/month before the end of 2020
  • Thinking in creating a big journal website dedicated ONLY to spirituality similar to Elephant Journal

This is the summary of this 4.5 months so far:

Month #Posts Organic Traffic (According to Google analytics) Affiliate Income
(1) November 2019 2 8 $0
(2) December 2019 4 5 $0
(3) January 2020 6 18 $136.64
(4) February 2020 8 41 $17.87
(5) March 2020 10 73 $24.88

Keyword Rankings from SEMrush

Top 3 4 to 10 11 to 20 21 to 50 51 to 100 Total
(1) November 2019 1 1
(2) December 2019 1 6 7
(3) January 2020 3 7 10
(4) February 2020 1 2 14 18 35
(5) March 2020 0 3 27 25 55

Plans for Next Month (April 2020)

  • Publish at least 3 posts per month
  • Create a monthly post with at least 2.000 words
  • Get in touch with micro-influencers and propose a collaboration

Pros and Cons

As I'm working full-time I didn't spend enough time to publish more content but that's ok, I'm playing for the long-shot. I will try to double content before the end of June 2020 which might make a difference. An increase in organic traffic every other month is very motivating for me which can be clearly seen from the google analytics data.

Thanks for sharing your suggestions and insights about the journey.

Cheers,

Sebastian

submitted by /u/svelandiag
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/fs5ci2/case_study_niche_site_after_4_months_applying/>

No comments:

Post a Comment