Saturday, March 28, 2020

QUESTION Wix Blog & Future e-Commerce, Backdating Posts?

Hi! I've got no idea what I'm doing but I built my wix site in about twelve hours and am planning on launching it as a blog the next time there's a sale. Once I'm satisfied that I'm running the blog well, I'll pivot to e-commerce. I'm converting content I've written on other platforms to create a blog, and sort of value the idea of looking like a more established blogger than the blog would show. I'm under the impression that backdating blog posts would be bad for SEO. Does this mean I should date all the posts I go live with for the day I launch? I'm involved in a few social circles and other platforms where I can directly share these backdated blog posts but idk if that's enough to compensate for the hit the SEO would take. I'm quite shit with technology and also quite shit with numbers.

I've of course read lots of information about how WP > Wix even though Wix has worked out most of the major SEO issues it used to be known for. It's just that WP's cost and complexity freak me out. I want my site to look the way it does now or better, and I love the customization I can get just from how I know how to use Wix. My husband is learning coding, but I am not oh at all the kind of person to learn it. I want to launch as soon as I finish writing and editing about ten more posts which should be like the first or second week of April. I'm open to experimenting with it, but I feel like I'd have to pay to experiment whatsoever. If it'd be helpful to see what I've built so far I'd be happy to share.

submitted by /u/jack_hammarred
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/fqpa7a/question_wix_blog_future_ecommerce_backdating/>

No comments:

Post a Comment