Saturday, March 28, 2020

Meta Data - Always a good idea?

I’ve always taken the time to write meta descriptions for posts & pages that help convert. Checking the CTR & then tinkering.

However, one of my client’s site is fairly large & I missed implementing a couple meta descriptions correctly. Elementor doesn’t play nice with Yoast (I have a habit of using Yoast to count characters mostly & make sure I added data). So when you add meta descriptions to Yoast, Google won’t pick it up. You have to copy & paste it in the page builder.

Articles where I forgot to add the Yoast meta description to the post still rank well. When a user Google’s a question then the post comes up with meta data. Typical so far...

The interesting thing I found was that whatever the search query was, Google pulls the meta description automatically around the keyword of the user search query. Essentially adding custom meta descriptions that is context for the answer they were looking for. It changes based on the query.

Many questions I got feature snippets. There are other questions though that Google does that even if I don’t have a feature snippet. My CTR is way above average.

Has anyone else experienced this?

submitted by /u/couldbesimon
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/fqjvty/meta_data_always_a_good_idea/>

No comments:

Post a Comment