Monday, August 30, 2021

Migrating subdomain to subfolder

Hi guys,

I'm looking for any sort of advice on the following situation.

My website has a main domain and 2 subdomains. All have the same DR, which to me signifies they are all considered 1 website by Google (where the performance of one affects the performance of the others).

One of the subdomains is a podcast built on Wordpress, with 200+ pages of thin content (1 page for each podcast episode, with a link to the Youtube video and a short description).

I'm worried these 200+ thin content pages are hurting the SEO of my main website's blog articles (around 100 in total), so I want to redirect the subdomain to a subfolder on the main website.

The podcast itself ranks #1 for the term "<topic> podcast" and is being picked up by Google/Apple Podcasts and a bunch of other podcast websites. (all linking to the podcast. subdomain)

My question is, would you do the same if you were me, and what other things would you check/take into account before making this move?

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/chew1ee
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/pek47u/migrating_subdomain_to_subfolder/>

No comments:

Post a Comment