Saturday, August 28, 2021

Question regarding URL slugging/redirecting a sites homepage for SEO benefit?

Something like this? Basicially, I'm using wix & I'm in the SEO settings for the page, & it's asking me to set my homepages URL slug. I don't have one though. my sites .com address brings up the homepage not .com/home. & it wont let me leave it blank. If I just add say /home wont that be bad for my SEO as there will be 2 addresses? Also if set, the .com/home address wont work unless I add a 301 redirect, then it'll redirect to .com . Will that affect my SEO? This seems extra. For no benefit. If I added keywords into the slug instead of it being just/home, would that help my SEO? Wouldnt google just index the .com version though & not the .com/home version though because of the 301 redirect? Thus the keywords not helping? What about if I do a domain redirect instead & redirect people going to .com to a URL slug of .com/home ? That wouldn't help SEO I don't think though, unless it was .com/home-keyword or something right? In that case would it help or would Google be indexing 2 sites? This is annoying, seeing as wix wont just let me leave the URL slug for my homepage blank.

Thoughts anyone?

Will any of this positively affect my SEO positively or negatively?

Is it just redundant nonsense?

Any ways to get around it?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/cybrstg
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/pdkzt5/question_regarding_url_sluggingredirecting_a/>

No comments:

Post a Comment