Saturday, October 30, 2021

How to increase time on page and decrease bounce rate?

I have a small (non-english) blog. It has currently ~2k visitors a month. It's not much, but it's something. I have ~30 posts, which I consider being of good quality.

I went through my matomo repots and notices that >80% of my visitors bounce. That alone wouldn't be a bad sign if they found what they searched for. But then I found that for most users the time on my page is 10 seconds or less.

Therefore, I guess, they simply bounce. As you might have guessed I'm fairly new to optimization. Here are my questions:

  • Do you have any tips on how to increase the time on page? (because I feel, bounce rate isn't as important)
  • How can I decrase the bounce rate in a second step?

I know, this is quite general and not being able to provide a link certainly doesn't help, but maybe there's a chance that you know some general recommendations.

submitted by /u/GawkyGibbon
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/qj575u/how_to_increase_time_on_page_and_decrease_bounce/>

No comments:

Post a Comment