Thursday, October 28, 2021

The Value Of Low Volume Keywords

So I've recently been working with a client in the CBD industry and one of the number one things they stressed to me was that they wanted to increase the amount of traffic to their website every month. Now I gave a confident response as I'm confident in my SEO abilities; however, CBD tends to be outside of my normal industries I work with as these individuals normally are your typical businesses such as plumbers, roofers, and any other service business you can think of and even more so those of you who are familiar with CBD know it's an up and coming industry with tons of national competition.

After researching tons of keywords and comparing to other national level CBD sites I thought it might be best to target lower search volume keywords. That may sound crazy especially after my client told me the main thing would be driving traffic but my mindset behind it was that by targeting these lower level keywords the competition wouldn't nearly be as fierce and you would ideally be able to hit more of them at a time. I tested out my strategy obviously still working in those national level keywords but still focusing more towards the lower volume side and almost 4 months in my client has seen an increase of almost 700 visitors a month.

Now this is not to say that you should always go for less search volume when it comes to keywords, but I think this strategy on a national level could really work especially if you don't have the privileges of being a massive corporation with a million dollar website. What are you guys thoughts on low volume keyword targeting?

submitted by /u/JRoss824
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/qi5vbm/the_value_of_low_volume_keywords/>

No comments:

Post a Comment