Thursday, October 28, 2021

Two Weird Questions about Massive Real Estate Site (100,000+ Pages)

Hi All,

I'm working on a website with about 750,000 pages, most of which are unnecessary. But there are about 100,000+ listing pages for homes.

Currently, the website uses a few Yoast Generated sitemaps which cover about 15,000 of those pages and the rest are either discovered or not indexed.

  1. Should I continue to use the Yoast sitemap? Or should I use screaming frog and update the sitemap once a month? Yoast doesn't seem to be getting all the listings.
  2. Many of the pages are not being indexed at all because (I think) they have thin or duplicate content. Listings are either the same kinda info on other internal pages or even other websites, and the content is thin at best. How do I get them indexed? Would I need to create unique, fleshed-out content on each page... or just interlink to all these pages a lot?

Would appreciate any insights!

submitted by /u/SteingerCommunity
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/qi3eyg/two_weird_questions_about_massive_real_estate/>

No comments:

Post a Comment