Saturday, October 30, 2021

Moving from Pages 3 & 4 to 1st Page

I own a professional services firm and would like to increase the organic traffic on our website. Currently most of the kw's we rank for are on pages 3 and 4, some on page 2 and not much on page 1. Our site currently has about 30 pages and all of them are indexed. They are a mix of blog posts and main product pages. Most are setup in a in a "Specific Service, Main City, State" format. I also have a few that target other secondary cities as well as more general topics.

The domain is about 5 years old, and the site is currently built on WordPress. We did a redesign a little over a year ago updating to a newer premium theme. According to Moz we have a Domain Authority of 15 and the main page has a Page Authority of 25, while some of the main product pages range from 13 to 16 Page Authority. Ahrefs gives us a 2.4 Domain Authority with 143 backlinks from 76 referring domains. Quite a few of those are blogspot links that are linking to one of the images on my site, that I did not initiate. Google Search Console shows 39 linking sites.

I've been slowing adding a mixture of backlinks from places like HARO and from some local business associations websites, but I haven't seen much change from the backlinks I have added so far. I know I don't have many, but most of the ones I have added are higher quality.

I know I need to work on both, but would I be better off focusing on creating more content or getting more backlinks? I'm guessing since I rank on pages 3-4 for some of the terms I'm targeting, I probably need more links to get those on page 1.

submitted by /u/Pivot_Forward
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/qjdn9d/moving_from_pages_3_4_to_1st_page/>

No comments:

Post a Comment