Friday, June 28, 2019

Starting a new blog - reuse old domain or start a new one?

Hi,

I have an old domain (2 years old) which is a blog with maybe 10+ articles, not actively posting anything at the moment so there’s literally no traffic.

I want to re-start blogging in the same niche but this time I want to choose a different domain name.

I understand that it can take google a few months to index/rank a new site, so my question is, what’s the best approach for me to go forward? Should I:

  1. Register a new domain and abandon the old one. Or,

  2. Register a new domain and redirect traffic to my old domain to new domain? Although there’s no traffic right now, my old blog is already indexed by google.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/foresttrader
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/c6jgox/starting_a_new_blog_reuse_old_domain_or_start_a/>

No comments:

Post a Comment