Thursday, February 27, 2020

Change My Slug?

Hi all, I'm afraid I'm a bit of a newbie looking for some advice so please excuse my lack of understanding. My business provides a mobile service throughout the county. My site has been up for about 18 months and I'm now trying to improve my search position. The home page slug format is town-service-mobile-home. I'm thinking of changing it to county-town-service-mobile-home to hopefully improve my rating when people search based on the county name. I'm not mentioning which county and town names but I hope that makes sense.

I'm wondering: 1. Should I change the slug? Will this help my search position? 2. If I change the slug I believe Google may 'loose' my site. Is that right? I'm not sure how they use slugs 3. If I do change my slug should I do it for all pages on the site? 4. What do I need to do to make sure Google doesn't 'loose' my site? What's the best process?

Lots of questions I'm afraid but would really appreciate any advice you guys could give me. Many thanks in advance, BDB

submitted by /u/BlueDiveBoy
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/fada88/change_my_slug/>

No comments:

Post a Comment