Friday, February 28, 2020

Will having the .com to a website help it at all?

I'm in a bit of a situation here. I have a pretty big recipe website and one day a friend reached out to me showing me a screenshot of the .com (it's a .co) asking what happened. This motivated me to email the owner of that website. The website has nothing on it, all the links are broken.

He's willing to let go of it for $5,000 but he's also including 5 other domains in the same category that are pretty good (4 of them .co.uk). The guy sold a business for $50m last year, he's definitely not willing to negotiate or anything. I think he's just trying to get out of this space that he was in before all that.

I just don't know what to do here. Would the .com help me at all with SEO?

Another thing is that 2 of the domains pertain to an already established business in the UK. Wondering if I could reach out to them and recover some of the cost. You think it's worth contacting them before? He gave me a week to decide.

submitted by /u/DIYDLH
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/fb5n4b/will_having_the_com_to_a_website_help_it_at_all/>

No comments:

Post a Comment