Saturday, February 29, 2020

Is there any harm in getting backlinks to a site that's "coming soon"?

I am going to launch a second website, under my real name, on a topic that I'm an actual expert in. Right now I have a have a "Coming Soon" notice (in a pretty design that is relevant to the topic of the it - it's not just black text on a white background!) on the site's homepage with links to the active social media accounts. I have a lot of content ready to go (at least 20,000 words, including two or three posts per category) but I need a little more time to play with the design of the site - I have a week off work in mid-March and I'm planning to use that week to get the design to a place where I feel comfortable "launching". Is there any danger in using HARO or other similar sites to get some backlinks to my homepage over the next month? I understand that some journalists might not want to use my contribution because the site isn't live yet, but for the ones who are open to saying, "Hannah from the soon-to-be-launched site XYZ Expert says...", is it kosher to build some of these links in the thirty days pre-launch?

submitted by /u/FearlessTravels
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/fbeoio/is_there_any_harm_in_getting_backlinks_to_a_site/>

No comments:

Post a Comment