Friday, December 28, 2018

Google is publishing me because someone copied my content

I run a small website that does not have much influence.

A big news website, 20 years old and very authoritative in my niche decided to copy and paste 800-1,000 word articles from my website and basically give me no credit at all.

When I Google search the titles of my articles all I see is their copies of my articles and my own articles don't appear on Google at all.

I contacted the owner of the news websites and he added links to my website underneath each article. Basically I'm getting quality backlinks but my articles are still absolutely buried in Google when I search for the titles.

How come when someone copies content Google punishes the website that published it in the first place? That doesn't make sense.

Are the good quality backlinks going to help my website rank overall even with the plagurism?

submitted by /u/madDogVH
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/aaav1p/google_is_publishing_me_because_someone_copied_my/>

No comments:

Post a Comment