Thursday, May 30, 2019

Best place for new SEO clients?

Dear community,

I have been doing SEO for over a decade and am in the process of starting my own agency.

While I am lucky that I am already working with a handful of clients I obviously would like to rake in a good amount of solvent clients. In the past year I have had tremendous success in finding new clients over channels on Telegram. These were blockchain startups that posted job offers in those channels that were also cross-posted on the few crypto job-recruiting sites out there. Sadly, these channels are hardly ever updated anymore.

My personal theory for raking in new clients consists of two possible go-to options:

(1) Cold acquisition.

Meaning cold eamiling or cold calling prospective clients and seeing if they bite.
I have taken over a small number of clients from exisiting agencies who, if I remember correctly, had gained these clients by cold calling. So one way must obviously be cold calling them, even though I assume it to be a weak method.

(2) There is a go-to online market place I don't know of.

It is rather impossible to find solvent clients here on reddit, that much I know. The same goes for the sweatshops such as upwork & Co. I sent out a dozen of applications over Indeed.com, too, which all led nowhere.

Is there any forum out there where companies are looking to retain professionals? I hear there is a market place where freelancers present themselves - are there reasonable hourly rates involved in this or is some 20$/hour job fair?

I'd be interested in any recommendation by those that have successfully started their own agency. I am not yet looking to recruit other SEOs as for that I would need to create a stable client base first.

Thanks for any advice.

P.S. I shall cross-post this inquiry with other applicable subreddits.

submitted by /u/kwelders
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/buwc6f/best_place_for_new_seo_clients/>

No comments:

Post a Comment