Friday, May 31, 2019

Is google "local" supposed to change ranking based on distance?

First I'd like to thank everybody for the hints and info over the past few months.

My site is showing up nicely and my brand new business is moving along.

I do service work that involves going to customer locations and fixing their broken appliances.

My service area is setup in the "application/ld+json" structure and while I'm getting calls from all over the areas that I service, I'm getting a lot more from the areas closest to my physical location.

This isn't actually a complaint, since closer calls cost less in fuel, time and vehicle wear, however I'm curious about "why?"

Does google drop the ranking in a linear fashion as the customer gets farther away from my physical location, or is this just a case of customers picking someone closer to them?

IE. Does my website's rank change within the areas listed in the json data?

submitted by /u/TerrysApplianceSvc
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/bvg5s0/is_google_local_supposed_to_change_ranking_based/>

No comments:

Post a Comment