Wednesday, May 29, 2019

seo ranking for apostroph (namesblog vs name's blog)

Hey Seo community,

i hope this is not a too amateur question but i tried googling around a little bit but without success.

So lets say my name is Dave Davidson and i have a real blog called davesblog.ddns.net ( not a real site)

Because I do this as a hobby i have registered my domain as this subdomain. When i try using any seo ranking tool or when my friends try to google exactly [davesblog] my site does get ranked on the first spot desktop and mobile. However i witnessed that a friend would search [dave's blog] / [daves blog]. This search term doesn't yield any result under the top100 spots according to the seo ranking tool. On contrast when i google [Dave Davidson New York] my site pops up.

On the one hand i can understand that there might be many Daves in the world with a blog, hence many "dave's blog". On the other hand though i think it is kinda wierd to no be listed at least under the top 100 position.

I do have a introduction site. However my website title, my site and my navigation bar always only has the name [davesblog]. I read that google could distinguish between plural and singular but i'm not sure whether this is the same case.

So what do you think about this

submitted by /u/YellowChickn
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/budzi7/seo_ranking_for_apostroph_namesblog_vs_names_blog/>

No comments:

Post a Comment