Saturday, February 1, 2020

Link Building/"Earning" Campaign for Local SAB

We've been running an aggressive link-building campaign for our clients' roofing and construction contractors websites. One client specifically has been very cooperative and is really good about taking our advice: they have paid for outreach for editorial guest posts which have led to about a dozen links in articles that I have provided and are all very topically relevant, I've got them a couple links through HARO, and they've invested in the membership with the local Chamber of Commerce and the link went live two weeks ago but no increase in rankings yet from that one, anyway. In your experience does it take a while for a really high-authority local link like this to work? Or is the value of Chamber of Commerce links over-rated? I have read the Moz study that says 10 weeks for a link to result in rankings.

We started this campaign two months ago (9 weeks to be exact), and have seen at least one measurable jump in rankings - a 3 to 4 spot increase on the major competitive searches - but we've also been adding regular content to our blog and the domain is only 9 months old so the aging alone must be helping.

What are some things you have done for link building, specifically for local businesses? Does anyone have experience with seeing an increase from official Chamber of Commerce links? I guess I am wondering if this sort of aggressive link-building is even worth it for local business. We already have a stronger profile than the sites that outrank us, but I suspect that they may be running PBNs that I cannot see.

If anyone is willing to take a closer look at the SERPs and competitors, to see why they are outranking me, DM me and I will provide the details.

submitted by /u/LocusInbound
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/exanev/link_buildingearning_campaign_for_local_sab/>

No comments:

Post a Comment