Monday, February 3, 2020

My project lost ~40k organic visitors monthly since the recent Google Core Algorithm Update. Help me understand the situation and what should I do.

The organic traffic before the recent Google Core Algorithm Update was 200k every month. Right now, It is 155k. It was 150k when I started working on the project in July 2019.

The project was a total mess when I started working on it. It had no proper interlinking structure. Around 700-900 tutorials on the blog had less than 100 words. So, I was making the tutorials more meaningful since then along with publishing new content.

Right now, I have rewritten more than 150 articles on the blog. Pushed the word count from 70-80 to 400-500 by adding additional information on the tutorials.

Organic traffic rose from 150k to 200k from July 2019 to January 2020 but since 15th January, traffic started dropping. Now, I don't know what should be my priority.

Should I continue rewriting tutorials on the project? I read somewhere that this update also affected sites with thin content. I am not worried if the issue is because of thin content, it is because I am ready to rewrite content if needed.

What should I do in this case? Any input is highly appreciated. Also, let me know if you need more information.

submitted by /u/p01ymath
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/ey5hz8/my_project_lost_40k_organic_visitors_monthly/>

No comments:

Post a Comment