Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Published date removed on posts but Google has recently started displaying date from random comments and embedded iframes in SERPs

I've got a custom theme and have had datePublished removed from posts for years without issue.

The last 2 weeks, I've noticed my posts starting to display random dates in SERPs. Couldn't work out where the dates were coming from until I realized that Google is taking random comments on posts that have a date on them and applying it to my post.

It gets weirder. On some posts, I have embedded Instagram or Twitter posts that aren't even my own. Google is taking the dates from those posts and applying it to my search result.

Can anyone explain to me how to prevent this? I could just start showing dates on all posts but I have evergreen content and don't want to go down that road.

submitted by /u/ozzemg
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/ezj9i6/published_date_removed_on_posts_but_google_has/>

No comments:

Post a Comment