Thursday, February 6, 2020

Notice of DMCA removal from Google Search: Impact?

Hi All,

This morning I received notification that someone had filed a DMCA removal for one page on my website, citing concerns about the written content and some of the images. I am considering an appeal but have have two questions for you guys on this:

  1. If I accept the DMCA removal, what is the impact on the site as a whole? Clearly this one page will be removed from the rankings, so I'll lose some traffic, but will the entire site be damaged?
  2. I believe my page is safe under fair use. The claimant's page has been used as inspiration for my post, but it is not a copy and paste, some of the information is similar but not identical. This is similar for the image, where the diagram on my website is similiar to his, but again I created it myself and whilst the information it shows is the same, it is a different diagram showing factual information. Do you think this would hold up?

Look forward to hearing your thoughts!

submitted by /u/detalitum
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/ezpvin/notice_of_dmca_removal_from_google_search_impact/>

No comments:

Post a Comment