Thursday, February 6, 2020

New methods in large scale crawling and scraping?

Hi all,

I had already an idea about crawling and scraping and my last update was that bots/crawlers such as googlebot can crawl the web maybe once a day. To my surprise I've recently found out that if I post something here on reddit, my post appears in DuckDuckGo within minutes.

How is this possible? With what methods? What has changed? Are bots/crawlers now in position even to execute JavaScript or search in databases? I'm referring to large scale crawling here. I know, that is possible in small scale.

submitted by /u/reditoro
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/ezq5kr/new_methods_in_large_scale_crawling_and_scraping/>

No comments:

Post a Comment